Updated: Apr 17
I am sharing a video with an explanation of the Sun salutation A (In Spanish, i promise the English version on the next days :) step by step and listing the name of the postures in English and Sanskrit with the correspondant breathing.
The Sun Salutation, or Surya Namaskara, is a series of poses sequenced so as to create a flow of movement.
Sun Salutations build heat in the body and are often used as warm-up sequences for a yoga practice.
I have made a list of the asanas according to the way we normally practice it. This is the "basic" version, sometimes we slightly modify it adding some asana, but always following the inhalation and exhalation order.
There are no magic secrets : Do your practice and all is coming :)
2. Inhale - Upward Salute — Urdhva Hastasana
3. Exhale - Standing Forward Fold — Uttanasana
4. Inhale- Half Standing Forward Fold — Ardha Uttanasana
5. Exhale - Four-Limbed Staff Pose — Chaturanga Dandasana
6. Inhale -Upward-Facing Dog Pose — Urdhva Mukha Svanasana
7. Exhale- Downward-Facing Dog Pose — Adho Mukha Svanasana
8. Inhale - Gaze betweem your hand
9.Exhale - Walk to the top
8. Inhale - Half Standing Forward Fold — Ardha Uttanasana
9. Exhale - Standing Forward Fold — Uttanasana
10. Inhale - Upward Salute — Urdhva Hastasana
11. Exhale - Samastitihi